Monday 25 March 2013

Wishy Washi World

I have had so much fun playing with Washi tape.........well I am a bit addicted to all the pretty patterns you can get.

I started by following some ideas by Carla Sonheim where you randomly lay down strips of tape without  a plan and then see what images you can produce. So here are some of my birds and something that sort of looks like a dog.


 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
This got me thinking and I knew I wanted to make the skirt of a dancer out of tape....
 
 
 
 
 
and welcome to Washi Town
 
 
a little more precise, but it is really easy to trim back the tape with light use of a craft knife.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Your birds are beautiful! I've never thought of using washi in this way. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, have a look at Carla Sonheim, she has great ideas.
      http://carlasonheim.wordpress.com/

      Delete

Hello and welcome to my blog! I hope you like the things I make and follow me on my creative journey. I would love to hear from you if you stopped by, so if you have time please say hi.
Love Karen